Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Week's Goals

I think I should have started making weekly goals at the beginning of my "3 month vacation."  I might have gotten more done.  Oh well, I can't go back and I definitely don't want to.

As I was reviewing last week's goals and planning for this next week, I got to thinking about some long term goals.  I jotted down some long term (in the next year) and some shorter term (within the next 6 month) goals.  I also made my list of this week's goals.  Here I'll share them with you:

Long Term Goals (in the next year or so):
  • Be debt free from school!
  • Start saving for a house!
  • Start looking for a house (this may be the "or so" part of the goal)
Short Term Goals (within the next 6 months):
  • Get a job.  I pray that it will take me less than 6 months.  Everyone needs accountants, right? :]
Last week, my goals were:
1.  Clean out the refrigerator. 
2.  Continue with Week 5 of my Bible Study.
3.  Continue to work out.  (I found some workout DVDs on Netflixed and tried them...I'm still having muscle pain. I kinda took it easy.)
4.  Continue reading "The Help."
5.  Try some more new recipes.
6.  Finish up the invitations for Mackenzie's Bridal Shower.
7.  Encourage someone.  (I hope I did this with the 2 girls I talked to on the phone this week)
8.  Try to find a bank in the STL area.  (Ongoing process)
9.  Contact Christi at Honey Pot.

This week my goals are:
  • Finish The Help (I have roughly 30 pages left)
  • Finish my Bible Study with Week 6.
  • Buy stamps.
  • Send out the invitations for the bridal shower.
  • Work on making chalkboards??  (Could possibly wait til we get moved)
  • Continue working out.
  • Try to find a bank in STL.
  • Start working on an "STL Budget."
  • Start really searching for a job.
  • Write someone a note.
  • Become more Christ-like.--This has always been my goal, everyday.  But I thought I should actually write it out.
We are one week closer to being done.  One week closer to moving.  I keep thinking about things that I'm going to "get back" when we move.  It's going to be like Christmas all over again! :]  But living with minimal belongings makes me realize how much stuff I don't need.  The majority of things I own are luxuries.  All I need is my trust in Jesus, because He will provide everything that I need:  food, water, a roof over my head, clothes.  It sounds so cliche, but it's the truth.  He has definitely taught me a lot through these 3 months.  I will be glad to get my things back, but maybe I ought to take a look and see what I could live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]