Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Resurrection Day!

What a wonderful weekend!! But it went by way too fast!!  Why do weekends do that?  Tyler and I drove to Lamar on Friday night.  We stayed up late talking with the family, as everyone was home.  On Saturday, we were going to shoot, but it started raining.  So my mom and I worked on Mackenzie's bridal shower plans and the boys went out working for a bit.  That night, we had my aunt and uncle over with their girls.  It was a fun time with some good food.  It was great to catch up because we're hardly home at the same time.


Here's a photo from that night!  Uncle Mike likes to fly (in real life), and it was so funny to see him flying this Wii plane!  I think he mostly enjoyed trying to dive bomb the different things on the game. :]




Molly and Mom played the Just Dance game...quite hilarious, but a great workout!






A couple of weeks ago, Applesauce (our dog) got in a fight with a neighbor dog who's twice the size of him.  Applesauce is a very gentle dog.  He doesn't fight, and he barks at things because he's afraid of them.  Well, the dog got him pretty bad and he had to go to the vet.  He got to stay inside for a few days, and for some reason he likes to lay in my room.  So I found him on Saturday all nestled in my pillows.  You can kinda see where he had to be shaved on his front leg.  He was so cute. :]




After church on Sunday, Tyler and I finally got to shoot guns. :]  I found out that I like his gun better than my own...hate it when that happens.  But my gun is small and I like the idea of the size to conceal.  We had a little friendly competition and it was fun! I did get a blood blister as a battle wound.


We went to Granny's for lunch.  We had an Easter egg hunt that Molly and I took part in.  We also declared that we got a head start. :]




Most of the boys went fishing, and Grandpa would have been right there with them if he were here.  The girls showed up a little bit later to see what they got.  My in-laws came and shared the day with us, so of course Russel was with them fishing away! :]  






Tyler caught a really big fish right after I gave the pole back to him.  I'm glad I didn't catch it because I think it would have pulled me in the pond!




We ended the weekend by breaking up, yet another fight between Applesauce and the neighbor dog.  It really upset me because this dog had Applesauce pinned to the ground and as many times as we kicked her, she wouldn't get off of him.  I don't think people can understand the love for dogs (and the love dogs have for their owner) unless they have one.  Applesauce has been in our family for 13 years and he's like another brother to me.  I didn't want to see him hurt, and this time it wasn't near as bad.  He was just scared, and it was really hard to get him out of my car to go inside.  Hopefully he'll be alright.


I'm grateful for a weekend with family.  I'm so thankful that we all share the common bond of Jesus Christ.  We celebrate His resurrection from the grave, and rejoice that HE IS ALIVE!  One day, we will stand face to face with our Savior.  I don't know what I will say, but I don't think a "Thank you" will ever be enough.


I hope you had a "Happy Resurrection Day" with your family and loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]