Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Now What?

Ok, so I shared yesterday that I'm red.  Now what?


I've been thinking a lot lately (WAY before this retreat) about how I can strive harder to become like Christ.  As a Christian, that's the ultimate goal:  to be like Christ.  No one is perfect, myself included, and I think it's pretty complacent for a Christian to say, "I don't need to change."  There is always something to be working on.  No one has "arrived," and we won't "arrive" until Judgement Day.


With that said (after I had to knock myself down a couple of notches), there are a lot of things that I need to work on in my life.  Being a red can sound like a bad thing, but it's not.  Embrace to positives and work on the healthy aspects of the color.  Also, work on the limitations of the color.


What this means for me is this:

  • I don't always have to be right (I've been working on this for a couple months).
  • I don't always have to be bossy.
  • I need to work on being patient (specifically in traffic).
  • I need to work on being less argumentative and arrogant.
  • I need to be more sensitive towards others (which I have also been working on).
Now my secondary color is BLUE.  It's important for me to know my secondary color traits because I learned that when I'm under stress (for me it's pretty much any stress, but for normal people it's "major stress"), I act in my secondary color limitations.  Yep, that's very true!

Blue's core motive is intimacy.  The natural gifts are quality and service.  As you might be able to tell below, this color is "emotion based," whereas the Red is "logic based."

The Natural Strengths are:
  • Compassionate
  • Sincere
  • Loyal
  • Thoughtful
  • Analytical
  • Caring
  • Intuitive
  • Detail Conscious
  • Dependable
  • Deliberate
The Natural Limitations are:
  • Worry-prone
  • Overly-sensitive
  • Self-righteous
  • Unforgiving
  • Judgmental
  • Suspicious
  • Perfectionist
  • Hard to Please
  • Moody
  • Jealous
Blue's Needs and Wants:
  • to be good morally
  • to be understood
  • to be appreciated
  • to be accepted
  • to reveal insecurities
  • to attain quality
  • to be autonomous (self sufficiency)
  • to have security
Yes, I get stressed out easily and am an emotional roller coaster.  Since Red and Blue make up 76% of myself, I also need to work on the limitations of being Blue.  However, the goal is to stretch myself so that I will have strengths of every color.  

I really believe that knowing our colors has already helped mine and Tyler's relationship already.  I understand why he does the quirky things he does, and it doesn't make me near as annoyed. :]

I also believe that we've figured out our family members so that we can try to have a better relationship with them.  It is really helpful...because the rule to go along with all this information is that we are to work on ourselves, no one else.

We are all a work in progress, and when we strive to become like Christ, we're working towards furthering the Kingdom.  I am thankful for the personality that God gave me.  But I've learned that I can use it for good or for bad, and I want to use it in the best possible way.

Risa (and everyone else with inquiring minds), I will post later about the other two colors. :]  I gotta get some work done around here first...like writing my cover letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]