Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Coupon Trouble

Well, I have a some-what funny,  but more ridiculous-than-anything story for you today.  Tyler and I finally bought bar stools!



We had gift cards and store credit at Bed, Bath, and Beyond left from the wedding.  I know, right?  I'm so surprised they survived the move.  Anyway, on Sunday night we decided it was time to buy some stools. (I had also gotten a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon for 20% off in the mail that I wanted to use.)  


So we went and picked out the stools we wanted.  We got to the check-out and I paid with the gift cards.  Then we went on our merry way over to Best Buy.  We wandered around the store for a while and decided to leave.  By the time I got in the car and we were driving out of the parking lot, I remembered that I had forgotten to use my 20% off coupon!  I couldn't believe it.  It was buried in my purse, so that's why I didn't remember I had it.


Tyler and I formulated a plan, and on Monday morning, I returned to the store to return the stools.  I got store credit in return, which was great.  On Tuesday morning, I went back once again, and bought the stools.  This time using my coupon.  It saved us $22 in which we still have in store credit!  I feel so much better about life now. :]  


Moral of the story: always use your coupons!!  Especially when it saves you more than $20. :] Haha!  Hope that one gave you a good laugh. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]