Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Freezer Cooking Trial Run

This week I have been totally exhausted.  I'm still trying to recover from this past weekend, and I'm SO thankful that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!  I will definitely be sleeping as long as I can on Saturday morning. :]


Keeping in mind that I'm not what-so-ever a morning person, I got up on Monday morning and thought, "Oh crap! What are we eating for supper tonight?"  I am sooooo proud of myself.  I must have known I was going to be tired and wouldn't want to cook.  Ya know what I had planned?  A crockpot meal.
Me: 1.  Monday: 0.


As the day progressed, I kept thinking about how much I love my crockpot.  I love the ease of coming home and smelling whatever is for supper.  I love coming home and not having to worry about cooking supper.  It's fantastic.  It has helped me out so much, and I don't have to stress about it.


I got this awesome idea to start freezer cooking.  I looked up recipes on Pinterest, as well as used one of my favorite websites, Money Saving Mom.  Crystal (MSM) does a lot of freezer cooking herself, so I thought I would see what kind of things she has blogged about in the past.


I found several recipes, made a ginormous grocery list, and set out shopping for my groceries.


This is what I came up with:




I was so excited about my deals that I got, that I wanted to start right away. Here are some pictures of the process it took:













I only finished 2 of the recipes.  I'm hoping to do some more freezer cooking on Saturday when I'm rested and have more time.  However, I'm very excited about having complete meals in my freezer!  All I have to do is dump it in the crockpot and forget about it until I come home from work! Woo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]