Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Blessed

I had just about the best weekend. ever.
It was really good!!

It was such a beautiful Friday evening.
We ended up just hanging out together,
watching Shark Tank, and eating ice cream. :]
Oh, and I made brownies for our outing on Saturday night...
I LOVE that I found a Bible verse on my egg carton...
I'm loving Aldi a little more each day.




On Saturday morning, we went to go see Tyler's grandparents.
They really aren't too far from us {about an hour and 45 minutes}.
It was a beautiful drive.
Being in the city, we don't get to see the changing of the crops.
The beans are changing into that pretty gold color and the milo is a dusty red.

I do love this sign that we saw. :]



Saturday afternoon, our Life Group was getting together for a little party.
A guy from our group was kind enough to invite us out to his family's house.



We even got to go in a cave.
It was sweet!




We even saw a couple of bats!  
They are really interesting creatures...

We finished off our night with a hayride {to the cave and back} and roasting some marshmallows for s'mores over the fire.
It was an absolute gorgeous day and night for our party.
We really couldn't have asked for a better day.

I love spending time with these new friends and getting to know them better.
God really knew the desires of my heart.
He gave us these people with the same interests as us.
He may tell us to "wait" when answering our prayers.
That's really hard...and y'all know that I struggled with it for a long time.
But He has THE best plan.
He had a better plan than I ever could have hoped or imagined.
He did immeasurably more than I could have hoped or imagined. (Eph. 3:20-21)

I just can't tell you or explain how full my heart feels.
I am so excited to see what God has in store for us here.
I can tell it's gonna be great!

Today has been very relaxing.
Church was wonderful.
Lunch was wonderful.
As we were trying to figure out what to eat {we need to go to the store}, Tyler got excited as he figured out he could make his chili.  So he did.
It was good...and perfect for this chilly day.



Oh yeah, we woke up to very chilly weather.
It was amazing.



This afternoon, I made us a breakfast casserole for the week.
I like to use Sundays as days to "gear up" for the week ahead.
I try to get all the lunch stuff ready, so all we have to do is "grab and pack."
I decided to make a yummy casserole for breakfast so I don't have to wonder what I'm going to eat.

I used this recipe, but this time I put sausage, mushrooms, and green pepper in it.
It is yummy. :]




How was your weekend?  Did you do anything special? 
Tell me about it!!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]