Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Cup Overfloweth

Random...yes.
List...yes.
My favorite...yes.

1.  I had the best weekend in a long time.  My momma got to come up to visit, which I talked about here.  It was awesome!  I was so glad that I didn't have to tell her good-bye until I went to work on Monday morning...because that meant more time to be together on Sunday night {when usually, she'd probably be making the 4.5 hour trek home}.

2.  My momma spoiled me while she was here.  SPOILED me!!!  She made supper on Saturday night so when Tyler came home from Saturday night service {he was playing in the praise band} we could all eat together.  She helped me clean my kitchen.  On Sunday, she helped me do laundry and cleaned some more.  She washed my dishes, folks.  Like...in the sink kinda wash. Whoa.  I hate washing dishes.  That's why a dishwasher was a requirement on our apartment hunting list {and will be on our house hunting list}.  She even took me to urgent care on Saturday morning.  I can't say this from a parent's perspective, but I can from a child's perspective.  There is nothing like a mother's love.  NOTHING. No one {no one!} can compare to that kind of love.

3.  I absolutely love our small group.  AH!  Last night we went to the Cardinals game together.  It was so neat to just have everyone sitting together enjoying {or pretending to enjoy} the game.  Tyler and I have been blessed immensely by this group already.  I am excited to have married couple friends! :]  That didn't happen in Springfield...

4.  I met two {two!} of my Instagram friends in real life last night.  Woo!  I met them several months ago on IG, before we had even moved to the St. Louis area.  I was so excited to see them in real life!  It was awesome!



5.  I love having nights where we don't have to do anything but stay home.  I also love nights where we have things to do.   Contradictory?  Maybe...but I think it's all about an even balance.  Tonight is one of those "stay home and snuggle on the couch and catch up on Parenthood" kinda nights.

6.  Today is Wednesday!  Already!  Where has this week gone?  I feel like the last several weeks have flown by. Crazy!

7.  Have you memorized your verse?  I am really learning that God can do immeasurably more that I ever hoped or imagined (Ephesians 3:20-21)!  My next verse that I'll be learning is Micah 6:8:

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you?  To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Want to join in?  It's never to late to start hiding God's Word in your heart!  Have no idea where to start?  Let me know!  I have a few verses that are great starters!

Ok, I think that's it.
My heart is just overflowing from God's goodness.
I am so blessed.
How have you been blessed this week?

5 comments:

  1. why did you have to go to urgent care?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a family dr here yet...that is all. I'm fine. :]

      Delete
  2. Yes, why did you have to go to urgent care! Hope you are feeling better! When we attended small group that was our theme! {Micah 6:8}. My cousin serves the Lord in S. Africa and that is their "frogs" them!! Yay for Micah 6:8!!

    So happy to see you making friends and enjoying St. L. I sure love it!!!

    Lots of prayers and love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and kinda jealous how awesome you are doing at keeping up with blogging!! I seem to run out of hours in a day to finish my posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't yet have a family dr here yet...now worries, I'm healthy. :] Micah 6:8 is our church's "vision," so I figured I'd memorize it next. It's a great verse! Thank you so much for your encouragement, Cindy! I love to blog, to tell our story, to document our memories. I used to keep a journal, now I blog. But you also have 3 kiddos to keep in line...so you've got more things on your plate. :]

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]