Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Insta-Friday

My blog has been quiet this week.
So has my instagram feed.
In light of this week's events, I feel as if nothing I say can help.

I have, however, been busy getting ready to go home this weekend.
Home, as in my parent's house...my childhood home.
I am incredibly excited since I haven't been home since Christmas.
I can't believe it's been that long!
There's nothing like waking up in your old room, eating food that your momma makes ya, and sharing family time for the entire weekend.

After this wretchedly looooooong week, I'm SO thankful today is a SHORT Friday!!
So I'm joining in today for Insta-Friday.
And without further ado, here ya go!



Funny picture...yes.  Monday night, Tyler and I were facetiming with Ben, who was leaving the next morning early for North Africa.  By the way, I got word on Wednesday afternoon that they had made it safely.  Please be praying for him and the team he is with as they are sharing Christ's love.  I hope to hear from him soon. :)


I received what I would say to be the coolest planner on the face of the planet.  Why?  Because it's handmade!  The packaging is incredible.  Be on the lookout for more information about this planner in the near future!


Tuesday evening, we got to give some very dear friends of ours a "hospital survival kit."  I really hope they loved it as much as I loved shopping for it!  Their baby is due very soon!  Would you please be praying for them as well?  This is their first baby, and our Life Group is very excited for them!!


Wednesday was the 2 year anniversary of the Joplin Tornado.  Most of this week, my heart was heavy for the people of Oklahoma.  I prayed for them often and still am.  This picture was taken on May 23, 2011 from my friend's backyard.  She had just been married the day before the tornado.  I'm sure she has good/bad memories as her anniversary approaches each year.

Knowing the mid-west, we all stick together.  I was blessed to be a part of the clean-up crew many days in Joplin.  Even though my house wasn't affected {I lived 30 mins north of Joplin}, my heart was.  I was incredibly blessed to see the love of Christ shining ever so brightly in that city during such a time of darkness, devastation, and destruction.  To see the Hope spread among the people, the teamwork, the togetherness...incredible.

I pray the same will happen in Oklahoma.


This happened quite a bit this week...




Oh, and my itty-bitty shop's page reached 200 likes this week!! So we're celebrating all weekend long {through Tuesday} with 25% off in the shop!!  Thank you all for supporting me in this small business.  I love to create, and I'm so blessed when it sells!  Please enjoy!!

Have a wonderful weekend and be safe!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the hospital survival bag!!! You know that is my FAVORITE way to love one people is by supplying their needs with a splash of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up! 인스타팔로워늘리기

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]