Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Quinoa Pizza Bites

Lately, I've been trying to experiment "outside the box."
I love finding new foods and trying them.
What I love even better is when they're healthy foods.
And what I even love more than that is when I find that I actually like those foods.

After trying out the Cauliflower Pizza Crust, I had some extra pizza sauce left over.
Now I know I told you before, but I could eat pizza everyday.
I had found this recipe online and wanted to try it out.

I changed it up a bit to suit what I had on hand.



Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups chicken broth (optional)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped green onion (you can use other onion...and more if you like onion)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mexican blend, the recipe called for mozzarella)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
some salt
pizza sauce



Directions:
Measure and rinse the quinoa well.  Add 2 cups liquid (I used chicken broth for a tastier flavor, but you can use water if you don't have chicken broth on hand) and the quinoa to a medium sized sauce pan.  Boil.  Cover and reduce to a simmer.  Let simmer for about 15 minutes.



Add all ingredients (except the pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl and mix together.  Spray a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray.  (I had a medium sized muffin pan.)  I also packed my each "muffin" down pretty well.



Cook at 350 degrees for roughly 20-25 minutes.  Grab some pizza sauce and dip away!  

These are super easy to make!  They're also delicious AND healthy!! :)

Happy cooking!


Friday'sFabulousFoods

1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy! I have not yet become a fan of quinoa. I am hoping it will grow on me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]