The Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday and I've been thinking about it all week.
Not because I care about football, but because I know that there will be many parties.
Parties where there happens to be a ton of junk food and lots of other unhealthy options to consume.
I've come up with just a few tips on how to have a successful Super Bowl Party and stay on track towards your goals!
1. Eat before you go. If you eat something before you head out the door, you won't be as hungry at the party. You get to still eat what's on your meal plan, and have fun at the party.
2. Take something that you know you can eat. If you make something to take to the party that you know you will eat, then you won't look like a fool for not eating. It's a win-win. You can eat what you brought, and you won't have to face others asking why you're not eating.
3. Don't stand, sit, or converse near the food. The closer you are to the food, the more tempted you'll be to eat it. If you truly want to stay on track, sit on the opposite side of the room.
4. Keep a glass of water with you. The more that you sip on your water, the fuller you become. You won't feel the need to eat much.
5. Scan all of the options before putting something on your plate. If you choose to indulge, take a look at the different options and choose something that is most appealing to you. Be mindful of what you're putting into your mouth.
6. Just because you put it on your plate doesn't mean you have to finish it. Don't feel tempted to finish everything on your plate just because the voice of your momma in your head is telling you to. Eat until you feel satisfied, not stuffed.
Don't let one night of overeating ruin all of the hard work that you've put in working towards your goals. It is one night.