Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hello!!! :)

Well hey there, Blog!!
You do remember me, don't you? 
I totally wish I had some awesome excuse about why I haven't blogged in 80 million years.
Buuuuut........I don't. 
Life has been full of exciting things, that yes, I keep telling you I will share.
I promise I will...starting with my new job! 

Well, here I am almost two weeks into my new job.
Yes, it is definitely different than what I've been used to. 
This is my third accounting-related job.
I worked for a small grocery store while I was attending grad school. 
Then when we moved to St. Louis, I worked for a small hospice company.
Now I work for a super-humongous cable and internet company!

I am working predominantly with all the utility invoices.  St. Louis is one of three corporate offices, and the utility bills for our locations and anything else you need to get cable and internet come here.  I think it was said that we get around 5,000 utility invoices a week. Say wha??  I help validate them once they are scanned.  So it's a lot of data entry, but I also get to cross train in my spare time.  The Accounts Payable department is almost 30 people and there are lots of different positions, so being able to cross train is amazing.  I love knowing that I have choices in other areas in the future.  There is a lot of room to grow!



Not only has the job been good so far, the atmosphere is wonderful.  At hospice, I had my own office and the 7 employees that worked there were very spread out within our 16,000 square feet.  It was nice to have an office, but there wasn't any bonding between all the employees.  Here at Charter, I have a cubicle and I'm close enough to my co-workers that we can have conversations all the live-long day.  I'd take a cube and relationships with co-workers over an office and no relationships ANY day!!  Those of you who know me know that I need to talk to people!  So I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone better. 


Did you know that there's such a things as Accounts Payable Week?  
Neither did I.
This year it's October 14th-18th.
I'm not sure what is planned for the week, but I know that we're celebrating it.
How cool is that?

Oh, and did you hear the Cardinals are in the playoffs?
Yeah...we're celebrating that, too!
We get to wear Cardinals gear to work!

Working for a large company hasn't been bad at all...it's been a great change of pace.  I think it's been exactly what I needed.  I hope that once the newness of it all wears off that I will love it.  I hate being new...not knowing exactly what I need to do and how everything works.  But I have plenty of support, in which I'm grateful.

I hope to be more of a regular around here!  I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun!! It ALMOST makes me miss my days in the office! ;) Well there are things I miss about it {like the social part} and making my cubicle all cute!! Haha.

    Congrats on the job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]