Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Busy Months

So these past few months have definitely been busy.  I kind of took an unexpected blogging break, but it's been a good break for me.  We've had a lot of life changes, and it has been a great time to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Here's a look at what the last few months have held.



The same week that I left my job at hospice, we put an offer in on a house.  I started my new job at Charter Communications and have been there for 5 weeks now.  My mom came to visit and we decorated pumpkins.  I filled out the calendar for the month of October to realize how busy we would be.  

The first weekend in October, we had Christmas with Tyler's grandma and family. (She goes to Texas for the winter.)  The next weekend, we jetted home to my parents' house.  I rode around in the combine with my dad while he picked corn.  We celebrated my cousin and his beautiful bride with a wonderful reception filled with many people that I haven't seen in a really long time.  I saw a lot of my high school friends, and we took a picture with most of the original members of our Chris Jackson Fanclub (he was a deejay on the Christian radio station at the time). 
On our way back  to St. Louis, we made an important pitstop at the NRA Shooting Arms Museum that had recently opened at Bass Pro.  I celebrated National Accounts Payable week with my new company, complete with a pumpkin decorating contest!  We attended the wedding of my sister-in-law and new brother-in-law.  We cheered on (and are still cheering on) our Cardinals as they made their way to the World Series.  

I pondered and picked out paint colors for our new home.  We packed our lives away into boxes that would soon be unpacked in our new home.  We made time to attend a marriage conference given by Mark Gungor, which was ridiculously funny and in some ways, eye opening.  And last but not least, we attended a beautiful wedding of friends from our Life Group.


I feel refreshed and renewed from taking this break.  Even though it seems we've been going nonstop, at the same time, God has been speaking to me these last couple of months.  He is at work in me, and I'm excited to share some of those things with you as the time comes.

So if you've been wondering where I've been...I've been around.  I just haven't made blogging a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]