Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Word for 2014

Happy New Year!
I really can't believe that 2014 is here already.
2013 was a great year for us, and I have high hopes for 2014.

As I was thinking about what my word for the new year would be, I prayed that God would just lead me to it...just as He did last year.
And He did.

Growing up, I always counted down for such exciting and monumental things in my life.
I counted down to age 13...the year I could get my ears pierced.
I counted down to 15...the year that I could get my driver's permit.
I counted down to 16...the year that I could get my driver's license.
I counted down until 18...the year I would graduate high school.
I counted down until college graduation.
I counted down until my wedding day.
Yada, yada, yada.

This year, I recently realized that I didn't really have anything to count down to anymore.
Sure, we counted down a little bit to our closing day on our house, but I wasn't near as vocal about it.

I think it was at that moment that I realized that maybe I don't need to be counting down anymore.  Not that life isn't exciting...because it definitely is.  But more because God wants me to just soak life in.  Right now, Tyler and I are enjoying life, but what is the point in living if you aren't soaking it all up?

So as I prayed and asked God to bring me to my word...He did.
It was pretty much a no-brainer for me.

My word for 2014 is
BE.

The word 'be' means to exist or live.  
For me, living means to be in the moment.
To be grateful for what I have right now. 
It means to just be present.

I am so excited to see what God has in store for us this year.
I am excited to be grown and stretched.
I am excited about the endless possibilities for this blank canvas.
But for now, I am so thankful for what God has blessed me with.
I am thankful for the abilities and resources He has given me.
I am thankful for a best friend that He gave me to do life with.

This year, you'll be able to find me enjoying life...soaking it all up.
Because really...we aren't promised another day.

Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]