Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

She is Free Spotlight: Jorie

In January, I promised myself to get back to blogging regularly. It's an outlet for me, and I feel like I can work through a lot of emotions by writing.

However, today's emotion isn't hard....it's easy. And it's happy!


This year, I really want to take some time to spotlight the ladies that are working hard in the She is Free Studio. They have decided to make the investment in their health and have experienced inside-out transformation. God is really working in the lives of these women, and I'm excited to share their stories with you.

This month, I want to introduce you to Jorie. She took on the workout program that has 100 workouts in it, called Morning Meltdown 100. I asked her a few questions, and I want to allow you to listen in on our conversation.





Before you started working out with Beachbody On Demand, what were your hesitations and how were you feeling?

Jorie: Honestly, I hated working out. I hated the feeling of getting out of breath (still not really a fan of that! Haha!) and it just seemed daunting. Like it would take forever to see or feel any changes. I’ve started other workout stuff before but never finished....I’d miss a few days or it’d be the same thing over & over and I would just lose all momentum so I’d give up. But I felt “blah”. I wasn’t happy at all with how I felt, lack of energy, strength, endurance, etc. I was tired constantly and never felt
like playing with my kids if it took a lot of energy.

What made you want to do Morning Meltdown 100?
Jorie: I really liked that it was a variation of workouts. If it’s the same exact thing every single day, I get bored and quit. And to be honest, I needed something “big” to kick myself into action. I’ve never done anything close to 100 workouts...[I like to remind Beth that when I joined BOD, I asked her for basically the easiest program there was]....and I really wanted to challenge myself. I was tired of being tired. I wanted a change.

What kept you going?
Jorie: Part of what kept me going is that I’m stubborn. Once I started, I wanted to prove to myself I could actually do it! But also, I was amazed at how quickly I started to feel better and stronger and just more energy all around, so I wanted to keep at it for sure! Really though, the biggest motivation was the accountability group Beth started for it! There were MANY days I had no motivation to continue but those girls kept showing up and kept ME wanting to show up! I could not have done it without them!

What are you most proud of?
Jorie: The fact that I actually did it! So many days it was a mental fight to push play, but I knew I needed to do it. For myself, for my health, for my family....and some days you just have to do it even when the motivation isn’t there at all!

How do you feel now?
Jorie: I wouldn’t say I absolutely LOVE working out, but I enjoy it so much more than I ever thought I would! It’s become a stress reliever, a place I can clear my head. It makes me rely on God so much more to be my strength, especially on those days I’m not feeling it at all, because without HIM I couldn’t do any of this! I feel stronger than I ever have before in my life, healthier than I ever have before and I have energy and strength to enjoy my kids, have fun with them, play with them and carry them all over the place.

What have been your results?
Jorie: I didn’t lose much weight, and that was a huge mental thing I had to get over. We have become SO trained in this society to care about numbers and only numbers....please know that I’m not discrediting weight loss. Obviously, a healthy weight is extremely important! But I have spent so many years obsessed with that and only that. I would do whatever it took to get those numbers to drop, even extremely unhealthy choices. The weight would drop but I wasn’t healthy. So, this program did more for me mentally than I could’ve ever even imagined. I finally broke those chains of an obsession with numbers. I was losing inches and gaining strength. I KNEW I was getting healthier even if the scale didn’t drop. I knew I was building muscle!
I dropped a total of 7 inches ~ 4 of those inches were my waist! My clothes fit better and more comfortable and they fit in a HEALTHY way for the first time in my life and that motivates me more than anything else to keep going! I want my kids to see a model of healthy. True health, not what society says is health. I want my daughter to see that strong IS healthy. Strong IS beautiful. And strong and healthy is honoring to God as we learn to take care of the bodies He has blessed us with!

I’ve moved on to a new program now and am excited to see my health journey continue! Thank you, Beth, for being an amazing coach. For helping me, challenging me, encouraging me, motivating me and believing in me! I could NOT have taken that first step without you! Thank you for walking this journey with me!

Coach Note:
I am extremely proud of this girl. She has become such a wonderful friend to me. And to think that we met through Instagram! How crazy is that? To see how the Lord is working in her life--breaking the chains--and to see her walking in that freedom is truly incredible and an answered prayer! I truly cannot wait to see how He keeps transforming her as she walks in His Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]