Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Pivot

When I commit to something, I go all in.  I want to see it through, and I want to see it succeed. Whatever it is. But I can get caught up in that...and when something isn't working, I have a hard time letting it go. I want things to be perfect. If it's not working, I want to fix it so it will work.  But sometimes things are only in our lives for a season. Making decisions of what things stay and which go is the hard part.


The Lord has really been whispering to me over the last few months. I say whispering because I always pray for Him to give me a flashing neon sign. Sometimes I have a difficult time figuring out if something is from Him or if it's my own selfish desire. I need Him to be very clear. But this time, His whispers have had me questioning everything.


The year 2020 brought a major change of moving closer to our family. I don't want to squander any opportunity that I have to hang out with them. I don't want to have to say "no" to them because of some silly obligation. With our move came a brand new church. And while we haven't quite settled in yet, we have been enjoying the weekly teachings. Boy, have they challenged me. They aren't messages that I can just leave at church on Sunday, but ones that have brought thought and questions to my life through the week. So while I continue to chew on each of them, I have some of my own questions.


What does He have for me?
What things does He want me to make a priority?
Where am I called in this season of motherhood?
What things can I let go of?


Letting go is hard for me, as I mentioned. But I want to live a life of surrender...instead of grasping something with white knuckles, I want to have open hands. After all, the only titles and positions I'm filling are because the Lord has given them to me.  He brought this idea of a pivot into my mind. The word "pivot" means to modify while retaining some continuity according to dictionary.com. While I am continuing to move forward with my life, some things definitely need to be modified. And as we head into the New Year, I need to make some decisions. I need to pivot directions while staying grounded in the One whose foundation I stand on.


What will stay?
What will go?


What about you? Do you have things that you need to let go of? Do you have things you need to make a priority? How do you go about figuring those things out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]