Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans

This week has gone by so fast that I almost forgot it was Friday!! Almost!  I'm wrapped up in an Etsy order, so I've been working on it today until I realized that I needed to post my new recipe!


I made this on Tuesday night and posted a picture of in to my facebook.  Several wanted to know what it was or if they could have the recipe, so I thought I would share with everyone!


Ingredients:

  • 6 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 lemons: 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp kosher salt (I used regular salt)
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • 3/4 lb trimmed green beans
  • 8 small red potatoes, quartered (I bought 8, but only used 5)
  • 4 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on  (I used boneless, skinless breasts)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Trim green beans, slice the lemon, and quarter the potatoes.  (I trimmed and sliced on a newspaper so I could wrap it all up and throw it away when I was finished...so much easier!)



Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.


In a large bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.


I learned (from watching Rachael Ray for the past 4.5 months) that if you squeeze the lemon, cut side up, the seeds won't spill into the dish!  Brilliant!

Add the green beans and toss to coat.


Remove them and arrange them on top of the lemon slices in the baking dish.  The add the potatoes to the same olive oil mixture and toss to coat.

Place the potatoes around the edge of the baking dish and on top of the green beans.


Place the chicken in the same bowl, in the same olive oil mixture and toss to coat.  


Place the chicken, skin side up, in the dish or skillet (I just placed them in the dish). Pour any remaining olive oil mixture over the chicken.


Roast for 50 minutes.  Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet.  Place the beans and potatoes back in the oven for 10 more minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.



Serve warm!  I liked this dish because it's a "one pot meal," meaning that the veggies are cooking with the meat.  It's relatively simple and delicious!  I had never cooked with red potatoes before, so I was excited to get to experiment a little bit.


Happy cooking!! :]


P.S.  You will want to use large chicken breasts because they shrink when they've been cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]