Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mayo: A Simple Thing

Oh man.  We are back from our amazing honeymoon in Mexico and I have been a cleaning maniac for the past 3 days.  On Monday, we went to my parent's house to open wedding gifts, and our guests were incredibly nice to us.  We have been blessed by them.  However, the down side to that is that our apartment is still a complete and total disaster.  I used to say "It looks like a tornado went through here!"  But in light of the Joplin events a couple months ago, I can't say that anymore.  I now know what a tornado aftermath really looks like.  My apartment doesn't even compare.


I'm getting a sneak peak at what it's like to be a wife.  I've been doing laundry since we've gotten home.  I'm taking care of Tyler because he's still sick, and I had to go to the store and buy groceries for the BOTH of us.  I'm not used to that.  I now have to think, "Now, would Tyler like to eat this?"  It's kinda strange, but I'll get used to it.  I thought that we'd eat sandwiches for lunch today.  They're easy and I'm still in cleaning mode.  I don't like mayo on anything.  I think it's disgusting.  But guess who wasn't thinking ahead?  Yep, me.  I didn't even think to buy mayo so that Tyler could have it on his sandwich.  Oops.  I hope he'll forgive me.


Anyway, I think my lunch break is over.  I only have 2 more loads of laundry and only 1 or 2 more piles to sort through and put away.  I'm hoping to start decorating our cute, little apartment tonight!  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]