Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Things!!!

Oh there's so many exciting things going on!!!  First of all, I don't know about you, but I am LOVING the cooler weather.  My favorite clothes are hoodies, jackets, and long sleeved shirts!!! :]


Tonight, we (Tyler and I) just got our first e-mail from our small group leaders.  We start meeting this next Tuesday night!! I'm so excited!  I seriously can't wait!  It will be the first time that I've been in a small group where I don't know a single person (other than my husband). [That word is so fun to say..."husband."]  I think that it will be good for us to meet other couples (finally!) and get to know people in our church as we grow along with them. :]


Saturday, I'm hosting my first "coupon class."  I'm very excited about this, as well.  I've been couponing since about April or May and I get so excited that I tell other people how much money I've saved.  Well, some of my girl friends have been curious about how I do it, and I've held improv Q&A sessions.  Well, this time, I had enough interest that I'm giving a class!!  It will be held at my apartment and there are about 9 girls coming (including my mom!).  I've created a powerpoint, because there are a couple girls that can't come, but would still like the information.  I've also created some printouts complete with store coupon policies.


I know.  I'm such a nerd.  It's ok...secretly, I've always wanted to be a teacher.  I just didn't want to have to teach all the boring stuff.  Therefore, I'm teaching my own curriculum!  I call this class "CPN 101." :]  The girls will be bringing things to make their own coupon binder, and I'm excited to share the knowledge that's been given to me.  I love saving money, and I can't wait to tell others how to do it!


I hardly ever shop at Wal-Mart anymore, but I saw some good deals.  So tonight after work (while Tyler was at Praise Team practice), I went to Wal-Mart.  This is a picture of what I bought:




I saved 71% on these things!  This shopping trip has been my best one yet!  I'm on my way to being the next "Extreme Couponer."  Part of these things are going in goodie bags for my class.  I've tried very hard to find free things with my coupons to give out at this class.  I've done just that.  The bags are already filled and ready to go.




I hope to have another class in the near future, as I know that there's several people who wanted to come won't be there this Saturday.  :]


I'm excited to see the outcome of this little class, and I'm excited for these girls who are learning new things!!


One last thing before I go, I LOVE MY CROCKPOT!!!  :] :]



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]