Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

So Many Opportunities!

Oh I'm so excited, I just have to write an update!  Tyler and I just got back from Small Group, and it was fantastic!  We knew that we were walking into a group that had already been established and everyone knew each other.  For that, I was a tad bit nervous going in.  However, the couples were sooooo welcoming.  We all ate supper together, each of us contributing something to it.  That helped break the ice, in my opinion.  When the women saw me and realized I was "new" they introduced themselves to me.  When we were eating, people were asking us questions and trying to get to know us.  It was a really comfortable atmosphere, and I felt comfortable enough to share.


On the way home, Tyler expressed how much he really enjoyed the group.  That made me really happy, because I just didn't know what he was thinking the entire time.  I think it helped when one of the women said, "Oh we're a gun group."  Then proceeded to explain how 4 of them had their Conceal and Carry License.  The guys in the group are already making plans for a Guy's Game Night.


At first, when we were talking about joining a group, we had wanted to join a Young Marrieds group.  Well the ones that would have worked with our schedule were all full.  So we joined a "general" group, but it was a great decision.


I really saw what the church was about.  These people take care of each other.  They welcome other people (us) into their group.  They pray for each other.  They rejoice with each other.  They encourage each other.  They have fun with each other.  I'm excited to be a part of this group.


The couples are all in different stages of life.  Some have been married for just a couple years.  One couple just had a baby (who's a cute thing).  One couple has a 5 year old. Tyler and I are the youngest in the group, but we have so many people to look up to, learn from, get advice from, and grow with.  THIS is the church.


On a side note, after talking with Tyler, I'm going to join the Women's Bible Study Group on Thursday evenings.  They had their first week last week, and anyone who knows me will tell you that I don't like to be late.  I don't like the idea they've started without me (oops, on my part), but I'm going to suck it up and go.  It's only the second week...I couldn't have missed much.  Besides, I need to form relationships with other women.  Yay for another opportunity to be involved in such a GREAT Body of Believers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]