Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Get Over Yourself

Truth:  We forget about God.

We get so wrapped up in our own lives that we forget to talk to Him.  We listen to music all day long, but we forget to listen to Him.  We get so busy reading textbooks, "fun" books, or even this Crazy Love book, that we forget to read His Book.  But ya know what?  There's absolutely NO excuse for it.  Want to know why?  Because every 1 in 1 person dies.  That means every person will face judgment by God.

In the words of Francis Chan:
"When I am consumed by my problems--stressed out by my life, my family, my job--I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important that God's command to always rejoice.  In other words, that I have a "right" to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities."

Shame on me!  I have no right to disobey God just because my life is so busy and stressful.  But the sad thing is that I tend to do it on a regular basis.  I get consumed with my life and am selfish about it.

Chan goes on to say:
"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.  Stress says the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control."

These are two things I need to work on daily.  These are not exceptions to trusting God.  In the grand scheme of things, our problems are small.  Heaven is a place that's free of worry, stress, fears, hurt, loneliness, etc.  When we're focused on Christ, and not our own lives, we learn to rejoice more.  It's time to get over myself and focus on Him.

We aren't guaranteed another day.  In fact, we aren't even guaranteed another minute or second.  I could die just writing this post.  Many people die living for themselves, just wasting their lives rather than living for God.  Then they have to face God after they die.  We can't just be a "nice" person to get into Heaven.  God won't be concerned with "nice," but rather how we lived our life.  He is just. If we don't live for Him, then we aren't going to Heaven.  

This is a wake up call to me. I need to stop living for myself.  I need to quit forgetting about God.  He is everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]