Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Big-Girl Job!

Two days of work down, a million more to go! :]  It hasn't been too awful yet. I started yesterday morning out with a 25 minute commute to work.  It's all highway driving, and it's not that bad.  In fact, I'm commuting the opposite way than the whole city of St. Louis is.

This is what my commute looks like both ways.  I can drive 70 mph if I want to, while the other traffic is barely moving at all.  It's pretty sweet.


I had to fill out a whole bunch of new employee paperwork yesterday when I got there.  Weird as it sounds, I like filling paperwork out.  It doesn't bother me one bit. :]


The best thing happened to me though.  I was totally excited about getting my own desk.  I didn't have one (really) at Summer Fresh.  I was shoved in the back room with a table and a computer.  So I figured I'd at least get a desk in this job.  No!  Not only did I get a desk, I got a WHOLE ENTIRE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, I can't wait to decorate it and make it mine!!

After all the paperwork was completed, I dove right in to processing invoices.  Hmmm....seems like I did this at my Summer Fresh job.  It is quite a process of just learning the new accounts and where things go in the system, but overall, it's fairly easy.



Nothing like processing the invoice for your own drug screen. :]  I find that amusing.


I also rearranged all the pens that were on my desk from the last lady.  I only like to write with black pens.  I use red occasionally when I need something to stand out, but black pens are basically the only thing I like to write with.  I separated all the "weird" pens out and put them in their own cup.  If anyone comes to visit me in my office, they can use those.

















Here's the picture of my door. :]  I will add more office pictures when I get it all together how I want.


Today was more of processing invoices.  I will be glad when I know the chart of accounts so it won't take me so long to process them.  In about 2 or 3 months I should be at that point.  

I hope that I will like this job.  So far everyone has been really nice.  I hope that I will be able to show them the love that Jesus has for them.  I want to shine for Him!  Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me this week!  I really did feel those prayers.  God knew the exact job that I needed, and I'm getting experience in both the accounting and medical fields!  A double whammy! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it went so well and congrats on your own office!! I love your mindset of showing Jesus' love to your co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been praying for you, glad to know it is going well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]