Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just the Beginning

Tyler and I had to privilege of going to North Carolina this weekend to see my best friend marry her Prince Charming.  It was a beautiful weekend, and I thought I'd share some pictures with y'all! (That's North Carolinian talk for ya...)


We left on Friday morning and flew out.  We sat by this guy on the way out.  Check out his eyebrows!!






Mackenzie and Jason were married at a beautiful venue called, "The Arbors."  It was an outside wedding with beautiful scenery!  





I just loved Jason's family!  They made us feel like we were part of their family.  It was so great. :]


After the rehearsal and dinner, the guys got out their instruments and did a little pickin'.




Mackenzie joined in singing with them!  (She's holding her niece, by the way.)

We did some late night, last minute projects for the wedding day.

The wedding day was fairly relaxed.  We had a girl's breakfast and put up some of the decorations.  Amanda, Mackenzie's sister-in-law, was gracious enough to do our hair.  She did an AMAZING job!  Anyone living in NC should go see her for any hair needs!  Seriously!





Here are some pictures of the Bride getting ready:









She was an absolute vision!  When she put her veil on, it took a lot not to tear up!  My momma told me when I was dress shopping, "The white dress is only a dress until you put the veil on."  Boy, she was right.  She was a stunning bride!

I would have taken some pictures of the ceremony, however, I thought it might be weird for the bridesmaid to be pulling her phone out of her dress to get some shots.  So those will have to come later.


Here's a picture of me and Tyler.  He sure looked handsome!!



The reception was gorgeous as well!  Here are some highlights:


The groom's cake, which was modeled after his own mandolin!  How awesome!



Family Photos


Gift Table:


Her Bridal Portrait (sorry for the reflection):


The Toast!


Cake eatin'


First Dance


Daddy-Daughter Dance


Momma-Son Dance (there were some technical difficulties and the song messed up, so Jason sang the whole song to his momma!  It was so special!)



This is a series of pictures.  Jason was taking her garter off, and his nephew didn't like it.  Haha (I really don't know if he did or not, but it makes for a good story), and he came running up and knocked Jason over.  It was quite funny.





It was a beautiful weekend.  I was so honored to be a part of it.  It was special to be able to witness this time in her life.  I remember talking with Mackenzie when we were younger about our Prince Charmings.  We have several stories and inside jokes.  I truly believe that Jason is her "match made in heaven."  He's soooooo perfect for her.

The one thing that was unmistakable this weekend was the love her new family has for her.  They love her to pieces and have welcomed her into their family with open arms.  She's the puzzle piece that fits perfectly.  I am so incredibly happy for her.

To the new Mr. & Mrs. Wood:  Congratulations!  May God bless you and your marriage.  Always keep Him in the center!  You are so perfect for each other, it's not even funny.  I love you both and I'm excited to see where He will take you.  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day!!

5 comments:

  1. Love this. I'm so happy to have met you. You're a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS Beautiful! Beth you are such an awesome true friend! I feel very blessed that Mackenzie got to know you so many years ago at Sunday school and summer VBS! and just knowing you too! God Bless YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.. SO I am not a computer guru~~ The anonymus is me>... Pam Lollar Mother of the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, you are so sweet....Thank you so much! Tell Tyler he did look handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderfull pictures. thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]