Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Peach-Whiskey Barbecue Chicken

Well, since I got back from Colorado I got busy cooking!  I love to cook!  I love new recipes, and I found one that I was kinda skeptical about.  You see, Tyler and I don't drink.  But this recipe had whiskey in it (but I knew it would be cooked out).  So I asked him if it would be okay to buy some for this specific recipe.  He actually went to the store with me, and I was overwhelmed because I had no idea where to even start looking for it.  It was quite funny.  He found it, we bought some and we tried this recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 12 whole Chicken Thighs, bone-in, skin-on
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 whole Yellow onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 cup Whiskey
  • 12 oz fluid BBQ sauce
  • 1 jar peach preserves
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 3 whole green onions, sliced thin


Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
  • Heat butter and oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat.  Place chicken thighs, 4 at a time, in the pot, skin side down.


  • Brown both sides, then remove to a plate and repeat until all chicken in browned.
  • Pour off half the grease, then return pan to stove.  Add onions to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes.
  • Pour whiskey into the pot (be careful if you're using an open flame).  Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, allowing the whiskey to reduce for a minute or two.
  • Pour in BBQ sauce, peach preserves, water, and Worcestershire sauce.  Throw in garlic cloves.

(Notice I had a very cute helper in the kitchen with me.)


  • Stir until combined, then return the chicken to the pot, skin side up.  Cover and put the pot in the oven.
  • Cook for 1 1/2 hours, then remove from the oven.
  • Sprinkle green onion over the top.




  • The recipe calls for the recipe to be served over smashed potatoes.  However, I didn't have any, so I served it over rice instead.



This recipe was delicious!!  I will most likely cook it again (mainly because I have half a bottle of whiskey to get rid of..believe me. I won't be drinking it...I know what that stuff is made of!  Rotten corn! GROSS!!!)

Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]