Last week I made a Taco Casserole. It was really good, surprisingly! Now I say that because I hate beans. They are gross! But I'm trying to make healthy choices and beans are healthy for you. So I will eventually learn to like them.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn or whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Assorted toppings, such as sour cream, sliced green onions, shredded lettuce, and chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown meat in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain the fat.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans, tomato sauce, and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.
This is a super easy recipe to make. It's also really cheap to make. Happy cooking!