Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Taco Casserole

I know it's past Friday, but yesterday was pretty busy for me.  I still wanted to post this recipe, so I thought I'd go ahead and share it on Saturday. :]


Last week I made a Taco Casserole.  It was really good, surprisingly!  Now I say that because I hate beans.  They are gross!  But I'm trying to make healthy choices and beans are healthy for you.  So I will eventually learn to like them.


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn or whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
  • Assorted toppings, such as sour cream, sliced green onions, shredded lettuce, and chopped tomatoes
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Brown meat in a large skillet on medium-high heat.  Drain the fat.


  • Stir in seasoning mix, beans, tomato sauce, and corn.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. 




  • Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish. 



  • Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.






  •  Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


  • Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.




This is a super easy recipe to make.  It's also really cheap to make.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]