Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Hawaii: Part One

I figure that it's past time that I share my Hawaii pictures.
I mean, it was only 3 months ago that we went. :)
Time has just flown by and I haven't made myself sit down and write about it.
Here we go!

My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary on February 4th.  
30 years! 
Holy moly.
That is stinkin' incredible.  Seriously.

My mom had started talking about going to Hawaii for their anniversary several months ago.  Tyler pretty much flat out invited us to go along.  So we went!


Tyler had been traveling for his job the week before we left, so we met up in San Diego the night before we flew to Hawaii.  I had never been to California before, but we stayed at a hotel on the pier.  It was beautiful!




Tyler was so tired that he made himself sick...so for the next 24 hours he was not very fun to be around.  He took a nap as SOON as we got to the hotel in Waikiki Beach.


I decided that I was gonna hang out with my parents and their friends that came along.  We walked down to Waikiki Beach and enjoyed the afternoon together.




The next day, Saturday, we went to Pearl Harbor.  I will talk more about that tomorrow because I truly believe that it deserves a post all on its own.

After Pearl Harbor, we went to eat at a buffet.  That was fun!


There were so many things to choose from and I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try it all!  I'm so glad I did!

After that, we drove around town!  We headed to the Swap Meet, which we got there just 30 minutes before closing.  So we did a quick look-through.  I loved seeing all of the things they had for sale!



Then we headed around the east side of the island.  We stopped to see Hanauma Bay.








 More pictures of the east side of the island.



Come back tomorrow for pictures of Pearl Harbor!

2 comments:

  1. such a beautiful place! just started following your blog :)

    joanna-dan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Joanna!! :) It really was a beautiful trip!

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]