Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Adventures in Dallas

This past weekend, Tyler and I took a much needed getaway to Dallas.  It's only 3 hours from Oklahoma City, and Tyler hadn't been there before, so we decided to take a road trip.  It was a lot of fun! :]

On Saturday, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium.  It wasn't really an aquarium...more like a zoo.  It was really an interesting place, other than the fact that they have snakes there. ICK!!!!  But my husband is so great that he checked out every exhibit before I looked at it so that I wouldn't have to see any.

The aquarium is downtown, and we found this building that looked so cool! I want the office in the top!  How sweet would that be?



Afterwards, we found a mall (a very high-end mall, that is) and the food court.  Lucky for Tyler they had a Panda Express.  I had never eaten there, so we split a meal.  They had the coolest chairs, so I made Tyler sit in them with me. 


Oh and they had a Sonic in the food court.  How weird is that?  The sad thing was they didn't have Happy Hour.  What good is a Sonic without Happy Hour???


We checked out our pamphlets we had gotten from the aquarium.  They had some other things to do in the city.  We headed to Trader's Village.  To explain it, it's like a Mexican Market meets City Wide Garage sale.  Absolutely anything and everything was for sale, and you could barter your way to the price you want.  There were tons of people there.  It's a popular place! 



Then we headed to another mall...this one had an ice rink inside.



They also had a Lego store.  They make pink and purple Legos!!  Why didn't they have those when I was younger?  I have no complaints about playing with my brothers', but pink and purple Legos would have been way cooler.

They had a wall with random Legos and you could choose and pick what you want...kinda like a candy store!! It was awesome!




We were tired of walking, so we headed for an early supper.  We experienced our first In-N-Out Burger.  Let me tell you, it was delish!!  Nothing says American food like a good ol' greasy burger!


There were a TON of birds there....we weren't exactly sure what was up with them.



The sunset was beautiful that evening.  We had a great view out our hotel window.

We met up with our friend, Risa, who's living in Ft. Worth for ice cream.  It was SOOO good to see someone I know and just get to have somewhat of a social life again.  It's sometimes hard not having friends to talk to down here, but I just know that when we get to STL that we get to make all sorts of friends.


Sunday we went and toured the Cowboys Stadium.  It was really big, and way more impressive than Arrowhead ever thought about being.  However, it still doesn't change my mind about football.  When everyone is celebrating the biggest game of the season on Sunday, I'll be celebrating the last football game that I have to watch for several months. :]


We had a nice little getaway.  It was really good to not be in Oklahoma for the weekend.  Hopefully, we'll be back in Missouri before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]