Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Meal Prepping



It is no secret that I have been meal prepping for the past several months.  I typically post pictures on instagram, so if you follow me on there, you've probably seen them.

I've had several people ask how to go about meal prepping, so I thought I'd share my process.

I meal plan on the weekends.  I plan my breakfasts, lunches, and suppers.  I write out exactly what I plan on eating and then make my grocery list from that plan.



I generally make a list of all of the dishes that I need to cook/bake/prepare for the week and the amount of time it will take me to complete them (from prep to cook).  This helps me use my time wisely so that I'm not in the kitchen all day long.




I pretty much use my whole counter space when I'm prepping and cooking.








After the food is cooked, I split it all up into containers for the week.  I use my meal calendar to tell me how many containers of each food I need for the week.  
I am not a morning person at all.  So this helps me in a couple of ways:  

  • I can pack my lunch box at night and just grab what needs to go in there according to my calendar; OR
  • I can just grab it in the morning.
Either way, it's super quick and I don't even have to think about it.  

When I don't meal plan or meal prep, I feel like my week is all out of whack.  This helps me keep on schedule and helps me achieve my goals (both fitness and for the week).

If you try meal prepping, let me know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]