Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2018

I See France...Part Four

On our last day in Paris, we went back to Versailles.  We looked at their website before heading that direction. ;) However, the trains were striking that day.  They were still running, but not as frequent, so we had to time it right. We got to the train station in time, however, the first train was so packed there wasn't room for us.  So we caught the next train, got off at the last station, and then got on the train we needed to get us to Versailles.

The Palace of Versailles is massive.  I had NO idea how big it really was.  We decided that we would start at the back and work our way towards the front.  But first, we had to get in. We got our tickets quickly but then had to stand in a very long line to get through security.




When we finally got through, we started walking.  The paths were gravel, so it took a bit.  We headed to the estate of Trianon, which I think was a 30-minute walk.

The Palace from the inside.

Looking out into the grounds.







We toured the Grand Trianon first.  It was made of a beautiful pink marble. I would love having a pink house! Think Tyler would go for it? Haha!








And I love the marble floor!  That stud isn't bad, either. ;)


The gardens behind the Grand Trianon.


Then we tried to find our way over to the Petite Trianon, which was an adventure in itself.  The gardens are so beautiful!







The Petite Trianon


In the English Gardens

The French Pavillion

The French Gardens

These were my favorite flowers! I even found some to plant in my own garden.

The French Pavillion

The Cool Pavillion
We headed back toward the Palace.  I just couldn't believe how well kept the grounds were and we were trying to figure out how many people it took to keep up with it all.








By this time, we were both tired.  It was quite warm that day, we just spent a lot of time walking back up to the Palace, and there were tons of people everywhere.  But we still saw all of it. I love that in almost all the places we went, they offered an audio guide, so we got to learn as we saw each place.




The Hall of Mirrors--my favorite!
After we were finished touring the Palace, we headed back into the city. We decided to take a stab at going to the Catacombs again, because I really wanted to see them. However, they were still on strike. That just means we'll have to go back someday. :) We went back to the same little bistro we found the night before and ate our supper in our hotel.  That night, though, we watched an episode of Gilmore Girls on Netflix, which just so happened to be the one where Lorelai went to Paris. It was too funny!

I was not thinking that I would fall in love with Paris...but I did. I left a piece of me there and I look forward to the day when we can get back there.



Other Posts in this Series:
London #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]