This past year we have:
- put studying behind us (finally!).
- lived in 3 different cities: Springfield, MO; Oklahoma City, OK; and St. Louis, MO.
- said goodbye to our families and moved even farther away from them.
- learned what it means to really be part of the Body of Christ, that while they knew we didn't want to think about moving, they prayed that God would reveal His plans and supported us in our move.
- learned to fervently pray with each other for God's plans to be exposed to us.
- put thousands of miles on our cars visiting family.
- learned that we absolutely hate Oklahoma.
- learned that everything is more expensive in St. Louis.
- learned that it stinks to go church shopping again,
- but also learned that finding the right church is a good feeling.
- went on vacation for the first time without family (our honeymoon).
- both gotten fantastic jobs.
- found even more ways that we're alike.
- learned so much more about each other.
- realized how blessed we are.
These are just a few of the things that we've done and learned. There are soooo many more, I just can't write about them all.
I can't imagine what my life would be like without Tyler. He's a blessing to me, and I am thankful to have such a wonderful best friend. We have a really good relationship, and I'm excited to see God grow us even more.
I pray that God will allow us to have many more years together. God is shaping us both into the man and woman He wants us to be, and I'm excited to be able to worship and serve our King with him.
I am so proud to be Tyler's wife. He has grown immensely in the Lord since we first started dating. It's so neat to think back on how he was 3 1/2 years ago and see how far he's come. I am proud of him for listening to God instead of his own wants, when he moved his little family to St. Louis. God has shown us continually since we've been here, how this was His plan.
I'm so proud of Tyler getting involved so quickly with the worship team at Harvester. I love getting to listen to him worship God through his drums.
I am proud of how hard Tyler works. He comes home and tells me what his co-workers have said, or shows me through different gifts he's received from them. It makes my heart swell with pride, and I want to shout, "That's MY husband, people!"
I love going home and bringing him along (although he hates it sometimes). I get to show him off to all my friends, and show them that I found the most wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with.
I do love him more every day. I thank God for placing him in my life. I am excited to see the future plans God has for us.
(Our first date: May 1, 2009, and more specifically my first date. I was a sophomore in college; he was a freshman...he was my first and only boyfriend.)
(Our wedding day: July 30, 2011. The happiest day of my life.)