Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Freezer Cooking Part 1

I told you earlier that I would share the recipes of the first two freezer meals that I put together.  Here they are!  Each recipe makes 2 meals.  So you'll have 2 freezer bags per recipe.


Teriyaki Chicken:
A large bag (or 2 small bags) of baby carrots split between the 2 freezer bags
1 Red onion cut in chunks and split between the 2 freezer bags
1 (20 oz) can of chunk pineapple, undrained in each bag
2 garlic cloves, chopped in each bag
2 chicken breasts in each bag
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce in each bag

At this point, close the bags and freeze them!

**Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce to the mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice.



This recipe turned out to cost me $6.61 per meal, so $13.22 total.



Healthy BBQ Chicken:

2 green peppers cut into slices split between 2 bags
1 red pepper cut into slices, split between 2 bags
1 zucchini chopped and split between 2 bags
3 onions chopped and split between 2 bags
6 red potatoes, chopped and split between 2 bags (you can also use sweet potatoes)
4 garlic cloves chopped and split between 2 bags
4 chicken breasts split between 2 bags
1/2 TBSP quick cooking tapioca per bag (I used flour as a substitute)
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce split between 2 bags
1 TBSP of brown sugar per bag
1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce per bag
1 TBSP of mustard per bag
1/4 tsp of salt per bag

Close bags and put them in the freezer!

**Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles.



This recipe cost me $5.42 per meal, so $10.84 total.


I'm looking forward to eating these!  They sound delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]