- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cup ham, small cubes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar or monterrey jack cheese
- 2-3 cups veggies, cut in small or thing pieces and sauteed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the veggies (this gets the water out of them. If you don't saute them, cut them extra tiny and only add 2 tbsp of milk instead of half a cup. If you don't saute the veggies, the eggs might be a little wet and not stay together very well)
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, and beat with a wire whisk until all the yolks are broken and well blended. Add the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add the meat, sauteed veggies, and cheese. Stir until well blended.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes (or until center is set). Glass pans will cook faster than metal/stone pans, so you might want to watch it closely the last 5-10 minutes.
And wa-la! I put ham, green onions, and yellow and orange peppers in this casserole and has lasted the entire week. As I said before, I'm not a morning person, and this has helped tremendously with my morning routine. It's healthy and quick!
**side note...I had all these ingredients in my refrigerator. I had them from other meals, so you can put whatever you want into your casserole!