Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas

I can't believe it's Friday again!  This week has just gone by in a blur.  We had a low-key week, which I'm okay with.  Today's recipe I want to share with you is from Pinterest, yet again.


At first when I saw the name, "Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas," I thought it sounded disgusting.  But I pinned it anyway.  Tyler and I ate at The Global Quesadilla Company, which isn't too far from our apartment, and they had all sorts of things in their quesadillas.  I decided to try this recipe after that visit.


Ingredients:

  • 8 flour tortillas  (I used low carb, low fat, whole wheat tortillas)
  • 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 lb pepperoni
  • 1 (16 oz) jar of pizza sauce
  • 1 small can black olives, optional
  • 1 small can of mushrooms, optional
Directions:
  • Heat a skillet over medium heat, and fry the pepperoni until they are crisp.  Transfer to a paper towel and let them drain.

  • Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce.  It should be so thin that when you turn it over, it won't run.
  • Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce and the bottom tortilla.  Add pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms.  Sprinkle more cheese on top, then add the other tortilla to the top (sauce side down).

  • Pre-heat a medium skillet over medium heat.  Lay the quesadilla in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.



  • Cut into quarters.  You can serve with more pizza dipping sauce if you'd like.


These were so yummy!  They even are fantastic as leftovers!  I thought that between Tyler and I we could eat the 4 quesadillas.  I was mistaken.  One quesadilla filled me up!  Each quesadilla turned out to be 292 calories, which I didn't think was too bad. :]

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]