Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Miscellany Monday

So I wasn't too into Valentine's Day this year.
Tyler and I didn't give gifts; we didn't even get each other cards.
Now that we are married, I don't feel like Hallmark needs to tell
me when I need to tell my husband, "I love you."

About a month and a half ago, my mom had called and said that
she wanted to meet up for a weekend away.
Originally we had planned for it to be their anniversary weekend,
but it didn't work out.
So we went to Branson this past weekend.

We stayed in a very nice Bed &Breakfast.
It was our first time...my parents had been there before.
We decided this is what we would do for Valentine's Day this year. :)
Friday, Tyler and I took half days so that we would be able to spend more time with my parents.
However, something came up that needed their attention, so Tyler and I had the night to ourselves.  
We ended up eating Fuddruckers, playing mini-golf, and trying on weird hats.

Saturday, we went to several flea markets while waiting for our lunch cruise.
After the cruise, we went back to the B&B to play a new game Mom had purchased.
It was called "Kerfuffle," which is kinda like Scrabble with dice and a little Quelf mixed in.
That evening, we went to eat at the Hard Luck Diner.
Mom loves it because the waiters sing to you.
We went to see the Pierce Arrow Show after that.

Sunday, we went to church at Northside.
This is where Tyler and I went while in college.
It was so good to see old friends.
The church is growing, the people are {still} welcoming and friendly, and it just made me even more homesick. Ugh.
My cousin Molly was there, so after church we all went to eat at Panera.
Tyler's sister works there, and we wanted to see her while we were in town.
My brothers met up with us as well. :)

It was, overall, a nice, relaxing weekend.
:)

Friends, would you pray for our family?
There will be some tough times up ahead.
All I have to say about it is this:
We know the end of the story.
Satan can try to derail us all he wants, but he ain't gonna win.

If you don't know the end of the story,
please email me!  I would love to share the Good News with you.
You, too, will then know how it all ends.

Linking up with Carissa today.

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time with family! I've been trying to get my hubby to go to a B&B...but no luck yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. stopping by from the linkup.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]