Abbi, over at Seasons of a Homemaker, has nominated me for a Liebster award! I have actually been nominated before, but I really didn't know what it was. I'm appreciative to Abbi for defining it more for me. Thank you, Abbi, for nominating me. It's such an honor.
What is a Liebster Award?
- The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming blogs of less than 200 followers.
- It is a blogger to blogger award, you nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 readers, “liebster” is "dearest" in German.
- It’s quite an honor to be chosen by another blogger for this award!
- It’s also another way for bloggers to get themselves “out there” and to meet other bloggers.
What do you do?
Write a post about it including the following:
My 11 Questions, answered:
- Why did you start your blog? What were your goals? I started my blog right before I got married. I wanted a way to remember my life...to track what I was learning...and to just be a "journal" for me to write in. I didn't have many goals, other than I wanted to be committed to it.
- Who are your blogging role models? I don't know if I'm a fan of the term "role mode," because I feel like it puts a lot of pressure on people...especially after someone has deemed you their role model. I have a lot of bloggers that I look up to, learn from, and love how they write. Those are the ones that I look most forward to reading. Those blogs would include Top of the Page, The Honey Pot, and Take the Cannoli.
- Your perfect day would be? At this moment in time, my perfect day would include being surrounded by my family and doing something (not working) together all day long with no interuptions (ie cell phones). We are scattered among the state and rarely home at the same time, so I would love to all be together.
- Food you would pack for one year? This one would be a hard one...I like food (if you couldn't tell by all the recipes I post). There would be a lot of food I could pack for a year, but the most important would have to be peanut butter. :)
- Favorite quote? "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
- Blog post or posts your proud of? I might say that my posts I'm most proud of might be this one or this series. Oh and this one, too!
- What made you fall in love with your husband? I don't know that there would be one particular thing that made me fall in love with him...it was more of a process for me: knowing that he was my best friend, that I could tell him anything and he wouldn't judge me for it, and my secrets were not only safe with him, but that I could be myself around him and not have to put on a facade around him (which you shouldn't do).
- Money was no object and you already had the education necessary, what would you do when you grew up? I believe that one day I will have the opportunity to live out my dearest dreams. When that time comes, I will be a stay-at-home momma taking care of my babies. I would also like to keep pursuing my etsy shop so that I can still do that while I'm at home.
- Guilty pleasure? I think that I would unashamedly admit that it would be watching The Bachelor/The Bachelorette and texting my mom throughout the entire show. :)
- Favorite charity to donate to? Why? I don't necessarily donate to a certain charity per se, but rather we give to our church and where God leads.
- What is the BEST thing about you? Oh wow, this one is difficult. I don't like to blatantly (haha) brag about myself...but I WILL brag on the One that should be bragged on. The best thing about me is that I know Jesus Christ. He is the One who makes me who I am. Without Him, I am nothing.
My 11 facts about me:
- I love accounting.
- I hate wearing shoes, but I love shopping for them.
- I love butterflies...I've loved them since I was 10 years old.
- I'm some-what musically inclined. I played the flute (and still do when I get a chance) for 8 years in band, and I also played the piano for more than that...I preferred flute over piano.
- I've wanted to learn how to play the violin since I was in college. It hasn't happened yet, and it probably never will.
- I have more friends via instagram and blogging than I do in real life.
- I call my mom every day and talk to her. She's my best friend.
- When my daddy gave me away at my wedding, he didn't say "Her mother and I." He wrote me a poem and recited it. It's framed and sitting on my mantle. I would love to share it, but I'm afraid someone would steal it and copy it for themselves...however, it is all about me, so I might *think* about sharing it.
- One thing that really annoys me: when I'm wearing socks around the house and there might be a spot of water on the floor and I step in it. UGH! Then I have to go change my socks!
- I'm not ready to be a mom. There is still so much about life that I want to enjoy without kids. Kids are forever, and I'm not ready for that commitment yet. :) So that whole "stay-at-home mom" comment up there...just remember that it's far in the future. ;)
- Someday I hope to take a mission trip to Africa to work with people who have AIDS.
WHEW! I made it!
So here are my nominees for the Liebster Award. Choose to participate or not, it's your choice! I think it's a little fun getting to know y'all a bit more! :)
Joy @ Small Town Joy
Kaysi @ A Joyful Noise
Cindy @ A Mom Raising Her Boys
Kara @ Sunrise & Sunset
Rachel @ The Faithful City Mouse
Ladies, here are my questions for you:
- Why and when did you begin blogging?
- What is your best blogging tip?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What do you do in your free time?
- How did you meet your husband/significant other?
- What books have you read recently?
- What is something that you have learned recently?
- What is something you want to learn?
- What is your favorite food?
- How is your typical Friday night spent?
- Who are your blogger "inspirations?"