So I'm going to be sharing recipes on my blog all week long! :]
Some of you have asked for some weight watchers recipes,
and I've finally found some.
Tonight we had a great lightened-up version of Chicken Parmesan.
I wanted to share it with you.
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 (4 oz each) raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Spread the bread crumbs across the bottom of a dry skillet on medium heat. Brown the bread crumbs for a few minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Combine the flour and chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and seal it. Shake until the chicken is covered with flour.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the 2 egg whites (I ended up using an egg substitute instead of whites and it worked out fine). Place the bread crumbs on a plate. Dip the floured chicken breast in the egg whites and then press it into the bread crumbs. Place the chicken in the crockpot and repeat until all the chicken breasts are coated.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the chicken. Put the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. About 15-20 minutes before the cooking is finished, add the cheese to the top of the chicken so it can melt.
I didn't get a picture before we scarfed it all down. It was delicious!!
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 7 per serving
18 g carbs
9 g fat
33 g protein
2 g fiber
No matter what you decide to eat, it all comes down to portion control.
You can eat whatever you like, just make sure you control your portions.
That's what being healthy is all about.
It's not dieting, rather it's changing your eating habits.
Happy cooking, friends!!
What are some other recipes you'd like to see on my blog?