Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Taco Soup

Good morning, Friends and Happy Friday!
It's been awhile since I've shared a recipe with you, so I thought I'd do that today.
I posted a picture on my Instagram and had several wanting the recipe,
so I'm sharing it here with y'all. :)
This soup is perfect for a cold, wintery night.

Ingredients:

  • 11 oz of tomato juice
  • 1 quart of water
  • 1 lb beef, cooked
  • 1/2 package of taco seasoning
  • 1 package of ranch seasoning
  • 1 can of rotel
  • 1 can of chicken
  • corn
  • cheese
  • tortilla chips

**Notes about the ingredients:  in the past, I've purchased a bottle of tomato juice, but have always wasted it since we don't use much of it.  My mom had the grand idea of buying the 6-pack of cans.  This way you can still use the 5 other cans, but at a later date!  She's brilliant.

**Also, I'm not sure that this is the ranch seasoning that I've always used, but it still worked!

**I'm a bit of a brat when it comes to corn.  Since I'm a farmer's daughter, we always grew our own...and I only ate that because the rest tasted gross to me.  The Pictsweet super sweet WHITE corn is the ONLY corn from the store that I will eat...

Directions:
Brown the beef in a pan (we use the pot we're going to dump everything else into).  Dump all the ingredients into the pot after the beef has been cooked.  Stir and let it simmer.  Now it's ready to eat!


I like to layer my tortilla chips on the bottom and top the soup with shredded cheese!
It's super easy and yummy!
Happy cooking, friends!  
Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing!



Friday'sFabulousFoods

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]