Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Every Heart Prepare Him Room

And the winners are:
Mandy, Kim BCoasterkim, and Abigail 
Please email me at asimplekindoflove {at} gmail {dot} com to claim your prize! :)
Congratulations!


How have you been preparing for this Christmas season?
To be honest with you, I haven't been in the Christmas spirit.
I have my tree and decorations up, and one gift wrapped.
I have a list of gift ideas for people, but haven't acted upon it.
I haven't felt like shopping...honestly, we will probably be buying most gifts online.
Shopping in St. Louis is like an Olympic sport, and I don't have the agility to keep up.
The best thing is that I don't feel like I have to.


Want to know a real confession?
I don't like Christmas music.
Well, I don't like it in November or December.
I LOVE it in July.
So that can't even help me get into the spirit of Christmas.
{Side note:  My favorite Christmas carol is O Holy Night.}



But, I don't mean by gift shopping, baking, listening to Christmas music, or even tree trimming.
How have you been preparing your heart?
If I'm being honest with you, my heart really hasn't been in it.
I feel like I need to keep up with the hustle and bustle of the season, but what I really need to do is slow down and reflect the reason for the season.



I've been very bothered by this lately.
With other things going on and a checklist of Christmas things to do, my heart has just been weighed down.
This morning I prayed,
"God, please prepare my heart for this Christmas season."

Reading the Christmas story in the Bible has made me reflect upon who Christ is.
Not only that, but it has made me reflect on who God is.
He gave is only son so that we may have life with Him!
Can you imagine giving your first born away?
Not only giving him away, but then watching as He was nailed to a cross and died for all of mankind??
I don't have kids yet...and Lord willing, we won't for several more years.
But I cannot even fathom what that would be like.
To know that a God loves each of us sooo much that He gave up His ONLY son that we may live with Him forever?
I don't know about you, but every time I think about that, it brings tears to my eyes.
How could I ever be worthy of a Love like that?
Simply stated, I'm not.

But because of God's Grace, I'm worthy of it.

With all the Christmas activities, parties, family get togethers, and gift giving going on, don't forget to stop and let Jesus into your heart. 
Let Him be the reason that we're doing all of this fun stuff.
Let Him be the reason that we're giving to others.
Let Him be the reason we worship.

How are you preparing Him room in your heart this Christmas season?

2 comments:

  1. As someone with a new son - the whole Christmas season comes at me from a whole new angle.... Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up until this year I have always been into the season. The fun and the traditions. DH's family is full of TRADITIONS! This year, away from them with a bad job and just a lot I've not only not enjoyed the season but forgot the reason for the season too. I need to remember why we celebrate and the great blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]