Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Other Words...

As I mentioned in this post, my word for the year is Grace.
But knowing me, there's more to it than that.
I'm a list person.
A goal person.
Like I had mentioned, I had several words in the running.
Most of those are things I still want to focus on throughout the year.

Boldness: I want to be bold for Christ.  A lot of the times I just sit back and do my own thing.  Do I ever tell people why?  Sometimes, but not a lot.  For example, my co-workers know that I don't drink alcohol.  But I've never told them why.  I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit.  As a Christian, I personally don't think it's what God wants me to do.  I'm sure that if I told my co-workers all that, they'd think I'm crazy.  But I want to be bold for Christ and if He leads me to tell them, I will.  I want to be able to tell others that Jesus loves them.  That He died for them.  I have to be bold


Still:  I need to learn to be still.  I need to be still in my spirit and in life.  I keep busy cleaning, reading, crafting, blogging...whatever I can find {mostly to take my mind of the loneliness}, but sometimes I just need to stop.  I need to still my soul.  There's a need for calm in the midst of the crazy world.  To just sit in peace.


Authentic:  I think this goes along with being transparent, and I know that I have got a long way to go.  I'm a pretty honest person...I'll tell you what I think most of the time.  Sometimes this isn't always a good thing, and I've always justified it by saying, "Well, it's better than lying."  I want to be honest, but I also want to be gracious.  Sometimes it's just better to keep my mouth shut.  To be authentic, I want to be who God made me to be...a creature of worship.


Intentional:  If you've been reading my blog very long, I've tried to post monthly goals.  This helps me be intentional about life.  It helps keep me on track; working toward something.  Ultimately, I want to be intentional in everything I do.  I want to be intentional in my actions toward others, in my words, in my everyday routine.  I want to be someone who is intentional in all things, knowing it's God who employs me.

These are just a few of the things that I hope to work on.
I'm nowhere near perfect.
I'm merely human.
I mess up.
I say things I shouldn't.
I say too much.
I hurt people's feelings.
I put things before God sometimes.
I'm a work in progress.
Yet I have a God who gives me grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]