Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Roasted Portobello Caps

Before this recipe, I had never cooked with portobello mushrooms before.
I've eaten them in restaurants, but never knew how to prepare them myself.
I was excited to have found this recipe, so I tried it out!


Ingredients:
  • 4 large portobello mushrooms with the stems removed
  • 1/4 tsp salt, divided
  • freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup plain, dry breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
  • 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil {EVOO}


Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Coat a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
  • Place the mushroom caps, gill side up, on the pan.  Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and pepper.  Roast them until tender, about 20 minutes.

The gills are so cool!!

  • Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, EVOO, and the remaining salt and pepper in a small bowl.

  • Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top each cap with about 2 tbsp of the breadcrumb mixture, spreading evenly.  {You want a rimmed baking sheet because some of the liquid bakes out of it and you don't want that all over your oven!}

  • Put them back into the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are browned, which is about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Info:
Serving Size:  1 mushroom
Calories:  109
Fat:  5 g
Carbs:  11 g
Fiber:  3 g
Protein:  7 g


Friday'sFabulousFoods

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]