Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Quinoa Egg Muffins

Ah...yes!
A new recipe!



I am excited to share this recipe with you this week.
I made these muffins on Sunday morning and have eaten them for breakfast this week!
Quinoa is a little different from anything I've ever had.
I don't even know what to compare it to, but I really like it.
It's super healthy for you and has lots of protein in it.
I found this recipe here.



Here's what you need:

  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup diced veggies (I used zucchini, an orange pepper, and broccoli)
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese  (I didn't use the cheese)
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 egg whites
  • salt and pepper
Here's what you do:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • Whisk the egg and egg whites together.
  • Then combine all the ingredients in the bowl.
  • Line your muffin tin with liners and spray them with cooking spray.  (The recipe called for 6 liners, but clearly I needed more than that.)  Also, make sure you coat the liners very well with the spray!

  • Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown!
Nutritional Info:
Serving Size:  2 muffins
Calories:  185
Fat:  7 g
Carbs:  15 g
Fiber:  2 g
Protein:  16 g
WW Points Plus:  5

Friday'sFabulousFoods

2 comments:

  1. I'm here from IG (@4lovesthesun) i love your blog and I'll say it again...your lifestyle change is INSPIRING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are so KIND!! Thank you so much for all of your encouragement! I really appreciate it!

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]