Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

2 for 1 Recipes! That's Like a BOGO Sale!

Today is a wonderful day!  At 5:00 pm, I will pick Tyler up in my already-packed-car, and we will head back to Missouri!  We will also be praying all the way there that he won't have to come back next week...there's a slight chance that he won't have to.  I am so excited for him to see our new home!!  (He's only seen pictures.)


Well, it is Friday, and that means it's time for this week's Friday's Fabulous Foods.  I have two recipes that I want to share this week.  Aren't you lucky? :]


The first one is a new crockpot recipe that I'd like to share.  It was really good, and we actually just ate the leftovers last night!


Italian Herb Chicken:
Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg McCormick Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning
  • 2.5 lbs chicken (I used chicken breasts)
  • 1-8 oz can of mushrooms, halved or sliced (I used a 14.5 oz can!)
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1-6 oz can of tomato paste
(Here's the picture of the seasoning package.)

Directions:
Place chicken and mushrooms in the crockpot.




Mix seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato paste until blended.  



Pour over the chicken and mushrooms.




Cover.  Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.  Stir sauce before served.  This recipe is so easy, and SOOO yummy!


******************


The next recipe I'm going to share is Tyler's new favorite.  It's also really easy, and doesn't take but 15-20 minutes to make.


Creamy Italian Chicken:
Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp flour
  • 2 Tbsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper Seasoning, divided
  • 1 lb bonelss skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 1 Tbsp oil
  • 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper (you can really use whatever color you want)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • Hot cooked pasta, optional
(Here's a picture of the seasoning.)

Directions:
Mix flour and 1 Tbsp of the seasoning in a dish.


Cut the chicken into chunks, and cut the pepper up.


Then, coat the chicken in the flour mixture and put it in the skillet with the oil.


Add the pepper in with the chicken and cook until the chicken is done.


Stir in the remaining 1 Tbsp seasoning and the heavy cream.  Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Meanwhile, if you want, cook the pasta in a separate pot.  I like to mix the pasta in with the chicken and toss it around before it's served.


It's delicious!! :]  Happy cooking! 

1 comment:

  1. I have made the Italian Herb Chicken a couple of times myself. We really like it too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]