Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Going on a 3 Month Vacation?

Well, this is going to be kind of a fun, silly post.  On Saturday, Tyler and I are moving all of our belongings to St. Louis.  So I've been packing our things up here in Oklahoma City.  We didn't bring a whole lot down here:  tupperware, clothes, a few paper products, some food, and of course, my crafts.  I went shopping when I first got down here and bought the "necessities."  Some things I knew wouldn't last the whole 3 months, but some things I hoped would last that long.


Well, I thought I might help some people out by sharing what lasted for 3 whole months.  So if you take a 3 month vacation or mission trip or perhaps you might be studying abroad, take note! :]


You can use 3 travel size contact solution bottles.  For those of you who are like me and hate math, no worries.  I did the calculation for you.  That's an average of 1 bottle per month. 




For those of you who LOVE peanut butter as much as I do, you can use 3 jars of peanut butter.  (Actually, I cooked with the third jar, so technically you can use 2 jars in 3 months.)




Tyler used a whole jar each of mayo and mustard.  He took his lunch to work each day, and that also helped us save money!  (and I say "Tyler" because I think both mayo and mustard is just plain nasty.)




You can use a small bottle of soap, a jar of jelly, and 3 canisters of the "just add water" lemonade/tea/koolaid.




You can use a whole package of sugar and whole wheat flour.  These are both the smaller packages.  (I threw the package of the whole wheat flour out before I got a picture of it!)




You can use 2 bottles of liquid detergent.  I really don't like liquid detergent, but that's all they had at Aldi.  You can also use a box of dryer sheets. 




You can also use a whole box of Kleenex.




I know this is a silly post, but honestly, I think being a good steward of my money is an important concept.  I didn't and still don't want to throw excessive amounts of things away, so the challenge to find things that would last the 3 months was fun.  Hope you enjoyed my research findings! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]