Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Finding Food Freedom: Now



I feel it important to share where I am at in the process of finding my food freedom now.  Technically, I am living in food freedom.  I've been able to choose what I want to eat when I want to eat it.

It has been a learning process of not feeling some of the past emotions of guilt or shame when I want to allow myself to indulge in a treat.  In a way, I have had to retrain my brain to grasp the concept of "it's okay to have this."  I'll admit that I'm still not fully there with my thoughts, but I do know that anything worth having is going to take work and time.

In January, I completed my Whole30 Reset.  From there, I went into the "unknown," as I like to call it and lived in my food freedom.  I went on vacation and did very well with my food choices.  But slowly, bad habits began to creep back in.  I knew that I needed to do another reset to get my habits back on track.

This time, however, I did not choose to do the Whole30 Reset.  I actually had a friend who asked me to do The Ultimate Reset with her.  I told her I would, and it was perfect timing for me.  So I'm currently in week 3 of my reset, and next week I will be back to the "unknown."

I have realized a couple of things about myself while doing this reset.  It's always important to be paying attention to your habits and what goes well and what goes wrong.  I've noticed that:
  1. I do better with a thorough meal plan.  I like to know exactly what I'm eating and when.
  2. I definitely succeed when I meal prep my meals.  If I don't prep, I find myself headed out to a restaurant or grabbing something totally not on my plan for the week.
So I will definitely be adding those things to my food freedom journey from here on out.  I am a lot better at meal planning, and I have really slacked on the prepping until this Reset.  I am excited to get back into the swing of it, though.

I know what foods affect me adversely, but I'll still be adding things back into my diet very slowly.  I've been eating a vegan plan for a couple of weeks now, and while I won't be vegan for life, it was definitely good to be eating some different foods than what I'm used to eating.

So that's where I'm at right now.  I'm a work-in-progress.  I know that the more I wander into my food freedom, the quicker I will be to realize when I get off track too far.  I'll be quick to realize my need for a reset, and maybe my resets will get fewer.  We will see!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]