Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Inside My Pantry: Other "Weird" Foods



Today I want to share a few other things that are in my pantry that might be different that what you're used to seeing in a pantry.  These are some of my favorite things that I have discovered in my four years of being on this crazy journey.  I will admit that it's taken me awhile to try some of these things, but I do love them!

First, we have ghee.  Oh how I love ghee, and if you stick around long, you'll find that I use it for a LOT of things!  This is a dairy free substitute...basically it is butter, but all the dairy components have been taken out of it.  This is my favorite kind:
If you can't find ghee or you'd rather make your own, then this next item is for you.  I really like Kerrygold Butter.  This is a grass-fed butter, and you should be able to find it in your local grocery store.

I also like to cook with Coconut Oil.  I use it to stir fry my veggies and sometimes even cook my eggs.  I look for an unrefined option.


Coconut Aminos is a great substitute for soy sauce.  I use this in the Asian dishes that I make or even my stir-fry.  I learned just a couple years ago that I am sensitive to soy.  So when I found this, I was excited!


As far as my "emergency food" stash goes, I always keep Larabars and Rx Bars on hand.  These are made from real foods, both sweetened by dates.  I keep one in my purse just in case I find myself in a bind and getting hangry.




















Shredded Coconut is a great option for recipes with oats as an ingredient.  I like keeping these in the pantry so I can use them in my Shakeology balls.
 
As an option to potato chips, I found Nut Thins!  They are a "less bad," I would say.  My husband really likes these and I feel good about letting him have them in his lunch.  There are all kinds of flavors, so find one you like!
Sea Snax are definitely something that would be considered "weird."  It took me awhile to try them, but as their tagline says, they are "strangely addictive." They are perfect to satisfy the salty craving and there's even a little crunch, as well.


Another thing you can find in my pantry is kombucha.  Now...the first time I tried this, I thought it was disgusting.  I would say that it's probably an acquired taste, but I gave it another try and I wasn't disappointed.  My favorite it GT's Synergy Trilogy.  This helps promote a healthy gut.

Along the same lines, I always always always have my Shakeology in my pantry as well.  This helps promote a healthy gut, and it has some great superfoods in it that help with my PCOS symptoms.  I drink the vegan kind, as dairy and I do not get along. ;)
Check out this video as I share in a little more detail what you can find in my pantry and why I have these things:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]