Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Inside My Pantry



One of the most common questions I get asked is, "Do you have any healthy recipes that are all 'normal' ingredients?"  I often chuckle because I'm not really sure what they mean by "normal."  Maybe it's because I've done a few Whole30 rounds?  Or because I try to eat Paleo-ish when I'm not doing a Whole30?

I've been on my fitness journey for almost four years now.  That's a long time.  But what I wish I had known from the very beginning is how important nutrition is to weight loss.  I think that it would have saved me a lot of time and heartache.  So I am here to help you with your journey, and I want to tell you this:
Nutrition equates to about 80% of weight loss.  Working out is only about 20%.  You CANNOT out train a bad diet.
Yikes, right??

You cannot expect results without changing what you eat!  You just can't.  So over the next few days, I'll be sharing the common ingredients that I have switched from "normal" to "abnormal."  Or rather, maybe I should say I switched from less healthy ingredients to more healthy ingredients.



I want to give you some tips on how to get started with a pantry makeover.  I want to give you some "health hacks" that make healthy eating easier for you.  I want to share with you some tips and tricks that I have learned over the years as I have been on my journey.  Maybe your journey won't have to be as long and hard as mine has been for me.  I want to share some of the "science-y" things behind why I switched ingredients.

I hope that you'll join me over the next few days as I give you the advice that I wish I had been given when I started this journey.  I want to make it as painless as possible for you.  If you have questions along the way, feel free to reach out!  I'm always happy to help where I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]