Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Food Freedom Forever: More Resources



Growing up in a Christian home didn't mean that I was automatically a "good Christian girl."  Yes, I loved God with all my heart, but I had a lot of learning and growing to do.  It was when we lived in St. Louis that my faith was really tested.  I had been living life for myself, really.  I think that I liked to think that I was living for Jesus, but looking back, I wasn't.

I believe that we all go through various things in life that bring us to a defining moment.  Mine happened to be the point when Granny passed away.  I remember so vividly driving across the state of Missouri, just praying that she would still be alive when I made it home.  I was crying out to God because I knew that I was living my life without Him and that's why I was so lonely.  I knew in that moment that I needed Him.

I had never had a "quiet time" before.  I didn't know what it was like to wake up each day and spend it with God.  Instead, I made excuses for why I couldn't get out of bed early.  I made excuses for why I couldn't spend time with Him during the day.  I had a 9-1-1 relationship with Him.   When I was in a jam, I prayed to ask Him to help me.  How selfish.

In the fall of 2015, I joined a Bible study that changed my life.  I didn't realize how badly I needed it.  It was set up to where I could answer questions every day of the week between the days that we met.  So I started there.  I sat down for 20 minutes or so a day and just began the day with God.  Whoa.  That changed my life.

As I was spending that time with God, I slowly started to hear Him speak to me.  At one point, I was nudged towards my bookshelf full of books I had yet to read.  I had this book sitting there...it was one that I had read before, but I guess I didn't need it as bad as I did right then.

What I didn't know was how this book was exactly what I needed to read.

Made to Crave was a pivotal book in my relationship with food.  It was a book that helped me see beyond my struggles.  It helped me see that my faith DID go with my fitness.  It helped me realize that God needed to be number ONE .



I realize how wrong and messed up my priorities were.  I realize how messed up my mindset was.  Satan tries to get us where we're weakest and he used my weaknesses to his full advantage.  But no longer will he continue to win that fight.  For I am victorious because Christ is on my side!

To hear more of my story, please check out this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]