I've been thinking about writing this post for awhile, but the time hasn't felt right.
A new month.
Yesterday, I linked up with Leslie, as she encouraged us to post what we were thankful for from the past month.
It was the last day of the month.
A time to reflect.
A time to be thankful.
Today is the start of a new month.
For me, that means looking forward and preparing for what's to come.
I want to live intentionally.
What's that mean?
To me, it means to live my life on purpose.
Love God. Love others. (Luke 10:27)
I want others to see Christ in me.
I want others to be able to see that I work hard because God gave me the ability.
I want others to know they are loved by God by showing them that I love and care about them.
I want to become more like Christ on a daily basis.
For me to live intentionally, I have to start by writing some goals.
I've written goals in the past on a weekly basis and shared with you,
but this time I'm going to give you my September goals.
Crystal over at Money Saving Mom writes her goals on a regular basis,
and I decided that I really liked that she categorized them.
So I decided to categorize mine as I was writing them out.
- Write 4 different people cards or letters.
- Get together with Kelsey and her husband, Steven! (This one has been on our list since Tyler and I moved to St. Louis!)
- Write Tyler a note.
- Meal plan on the weekends (every weekend).
- Clean the house every weekend.
- Have a 15 minute pick-up session every night.
- As I've been sharing (here and here), find a theme for each week.
- Write a blog plan (I have a rough idea sketched out, but I really want to get in the habit of blogging...as I've stuck with it for over a year now).
- Read my Bible daily.
Craft Goals: (yes, I have craft goals! It's a hobby, and I have several projects to complete)
- Make some new items for my shop.
- Finish our wedding card book (yep, still have to do that...a year later. That's what happens when you live in 3 cities the first year of marriage.)
- Finish my fall napkins and start a new project (TBD).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Goals should be attainable.
They should help better you as a person.
They should help you strive to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
You should be intentional about them.
I love being able to scratch things off the list.
It's a good feeling.
It's an even better feeling when you know you've accomplished something that was difficult.
I hope to draw nearer to Christ this month.
I hope to sharpen my P31 skills.
I hope to shine for Christ.
What do you hope to accomplish this month?
How will you live intentionally?
You have 30 days to do it! :]