Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Crockpot Pumpkin Bread

Happy Friday, friends!
This week has flown by for me.
Has it for you??
I must admit...this week has been the best week since starting my job in June.
We hired a new HR guy and he's livened up our office a bit.
I am excited about having him in the office and working with him.

Today, I'm feeling festive.
I LOVE fall.
It's my absolute favorite season.
I love the changing of the leaves.
I love the fall colors.
I love the cooler weather.
I love harvest time.
I just love it all.

I also love fall foods...pumpkin!

So I thought I'd share a recipe with you that goes along with the season.

So here's a crockpot {what?!?} pumpkin bread recipe for ya.



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 can pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp baking soda



Directions:

  • Blend the oil and both of the sugars in a big bowl. 


  • Stir in the beaten eggs and canned pumpkin.








  • Add in the remaining dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.




  • Pour the batter into a greased or oiled bread pan.




  • Pour 2 cups of water into your crockpot.  Place the pan in the crockpot.
    {This is where it gets funny...}

My pan didn't quite fit...it wouldn't hang from the edges either.


So, I poured it into a different bread pan that was long enough to hang on the edges. 


  • Cover the crockpot with 8-10 paper towels {this helps trap the condensation that will occur during the baking process and will keep the bread from becoming soggy}.
  • Place the lid on top of the crockpot and bake on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours {I have a stay or go crockpot, so I snapped the latches on to help keep everything in the crock}.





Here's how it turned out!! Hope it's yummy! :]




I have lots of new recipes to try in the coming future!
I go through phases where I find tons of new recipes and experiment. :]

Happy cooking, friends!
Enjoy your weekend!



Friday'sFabulousFoods

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]