Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Let Us Fellowship With One Another

Last night we went to our second small group meeting.
I loved it.
Partially it's because I'm hungry for people interaction.
Another part is because I'm hungry for Christian interaction.
The first week there were 12 people there.
Last night there were 6.
Honestly, it was perfect for us as we try to get to know people.
It's easier to get to know people in a small group first.
But I'm excited to know there will be lots of people to get to know!

I feel like my life has finally started again.
I am so excited to finally interact with people our age.
They don't have kids.  We don't have kids.
They've been married a little longer than us.
That's okay...we can learn from them.
Oh...and they like to shoot guns.
We learned that the first week.



          Thank you, Lord for orchestrating this.
          You know my needs (Matthew 6:8).


I'm not sure I understand why people don't think they need corporate worship.
Or small group fellowship.
After these past 8 months in my life, I understand the need for both corporate worship and small group fellowship...whether that's Sunday School or a Bible Study group.

After living in Oklahoma City for 3 months where we knew no one and then moving to St. Louis (permanently) where we knew very few people, we had to rely on each other.
It's been good for us, as a couple.  
We've really had a lot of time together.
We've grown.
We've matured.
We've really learned to lean on each other.
I've been so homesick.
I've never lived this far from my family.
I've never had so many struggles at once.
My husband has listened to me cry.
He's listened to my whine and complain.
He's been the one to hold me.  To reassure me.
To offer to give up his job so we could move back.
To wipe my tears. To tell me things will get better.
I'm so thankful for him and I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else.

After 8 months of being lonely...
wanting a friend...
maybe this is the beginning.

I really like how the New Living Translation states Hebrews 10:24-25...

"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.  And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."

It is important to fellowship with other Christians!  
Christians are there to encourage you. 
To pray with you.
To pray for you.
To help you through hard times.
To rejoice in the happy times.

I pray that God will allow me to get to know these people better.
That He will allow Tyler to get to know them better as well.
We are both excited about what the future holds.
St. Louis can become "home."
It can.  I know it can.
I know that I need to give it some more time.

Fellowship is a wonderful thing.
Go be an encouragement and be encouraged.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]