Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Brown Sugar Chicken

Today's recipe is one that I was a little hesitant to try.  I saw the ingredients and was thinking, "This is gonna be weird."  But it wasn't.  It was delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup lemon-lime pop
  • 2/3 cup vinegar
  • 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
Directions:
  • Put the chicken in the crockpot.


  • Cover it with brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce.  Add the vinegar and pour in the pop {yes! It's pop...doesn't matter to me if people make fun of me here}.




  • Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours or on high for 4-5.  The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached a a desired consistency.



  • Serve over a bowl of rice!
Happy Cooking!!
Have a blessed weekend, friends!  
We have great plans...can't wait to share them on Monday!

**I've made a button for Friday's Fabulous Foods!!  Want to join in? Grab the button from the sidebar!

Friday'sFabulousFoods

2 comments:

  1. My wife had a question...about this....Cover it with brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce. Add the vinegar and pour in the pop {yes! It's pop...doesn't matter to me if people make fun of me here}.

    She likes the recipe. Do you layer it one at a time, mix it all together and poor, or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mix it. I just added it as I came to it in the recipe. As you can tell in the picture above, you can still see some of the brown sugar on the top of the chicken. Somehow when it's cooking, it all gets blended together.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]